bound angle pose / baddha konasana
step by step
- Sit with your legs outstretched in front of you, you may want to sit on a blanket or pillow to raise your hips, so you can sit with a straight back.
- pull in your feet and place the soles of the feet together, as close as possible to your pelvis, let the knees fall out to your sides.
- Release your groins, the head of the thigh bones, and allow the knees to relax down as well, don’t push them.
- hold your big toes with the first two fingers and your thumb, or hold the outsides of your feet.
- Keep your pelvis level, sit with a straight back.
- Firm your shoulderblades into your upper back, to help open your heart.
- You can stay in this pose anywhere between 1-5 minutes.
- To come out you lift your knees and straighten your legs again.
Click on Baddha Konasana to find out about the benefits of this pose.