Hero pose / Virasana
step by step
- You can fold a blanket to pad your ankles, knees or legs if needed.
- you can either sit on your heels, for some people that is no option. You might need padding under your ankles if the ankles are stiff, or place a pillow between the knees if the knees are stiff.
- Another way is to keep the knees together, bring the feet a little to the sides and sit between the feet. You could place a folded blanket underneath the buttocks, to raise the hips a little.
- Just sit and breathe, you can use this pose to meditate in or to do breathing exercises.
- In the pose keep the side body long, firm your shoulderblades into your back and keep your neck long.
- Build up the duration that you stay in this pose.
Click on Virasana to find out about the benefits of this pose.