20130708 I3R2 Conference
EXTENDED – Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts are extended to Wednesday 30 January 2013.
|Abstracts Due||30 January 2013
|Notification of Acceptance||22 February, 2013|
|Full Paper Due||22 March, 2013|
|Acceptance of Final Paper||19 April, 2013|
For more information on the topics of interest, submission templates, and submission upload link please see the Abstracts page.
Risk-informed Disaster Management: Planning for Response, Recovery and Resilience
Coping with disasters are a challenge for government, business and communities with a full range of consequences often difficult to anticipate. Further, because of the cascading nature of the impacts, institutions are unlikely to face single incidents but rather series of systemic failures and related damage within and across functional areas: often appearing concurrently.
To achieve efficient and effective outcomes there is a need to develop improved synergies in the protection of critical infrastructure and assets, crisis management and business continuity capacities, and importantly, ensuring the safety of communities. This conference will examine themes relevant to enhancing planning for risk-informed response and recovery as well as developing dialogue on resilience in infrastructure systems and communities affected by disasters.
- Risk-informed Planning in Disaster Management
- Creating & Sustaining Community Resilience
- Approaches to Designing & Managing Resilient Infrastructure
- Options for Rapid Impact Assessment
- Modelling and Analysis of Disaster Mitigation Systems
- The Role and Effectiveness of Government in Disaster Planning
- Civil/Military Cooperation in Large-scale Disaster Response
- Futures Thinking: Anticipating needs for disaster preparedness
Further information can be found at the conference website as follows: