IPGRC Conference 2013
The School of the Built Environment (SoBE) at the University of Salford, UK, is organising its annual three-day international conference for postgraduates researching in the field of the built environment.This is the 11th conference of this highly successful series. Other recent conferences include those in Prague (2008), Salford Quays (2009 and 2011).The conference offers an important opportunity for built environment research candidates to meet together to gain an insight into current international research in their field, and to gain valuable conference experience. We look forward to welcoming delegates who are undertaking research for a professional doctorate as well as those who are researching for the traditional PhD or MPhil awards. Led by key academics the conference provides opportunities to enhance and develop research skills, to network and to exchange research ideas and activities in a supportive environment.
Particular features of the conference include:
- keynotes from leading academics and industrialists to provide a global perspective and vision for built environment research,
- a choice of workshops with the opportunity to discuss research methodological issues and the challenges posed at different stages of postgraduate study,
- an informal welcome reception and visit, and formal conference dinner which provide opportunities to meet fellow researchers and leading academics in the field,
- constructive feedback for each researcher on his or her paper and presentation and prizes for researchers at different stages of postgraduate study, including best papers and presentations,
- Dedicated professional doctorate stream within an international built environment research conference.
We look forward to welcoming you to an exciting and hugely informative conference.